Why do so many people choose Brevard County as their home? Maybe it’s because…
- We can proudly boast about the outstanding public and private schools. Brevard students have produced some of the highest FCAT scores in the state.
- Our community colleges, along with our universities offer degrees from the associate level through the doctorate level in many different fields.
- We have many well located parks (including dog parks), athletic fields, public waterfront facilities, public beaches and an award winning zoo.
- Fishing, surfing, water skiing, parasailing and boating are some of the reasons you’ll love having easy access to the ocean, two rivers and numerous lakes.
- Both beginning and expert golfers will find the many public and private golf courses offering year round golf activies.
- Organized youth sports, including football, cheerleading, soccer, baseball, softball and basketball are available for at all different age levels.
- The Washington Nationals do their spring training at Viera Stadium The Manatees, class A baseball team, plays throughout the summer. Both are affordable family entertainment.
- Theaters, museums and art galleries offer diverse cultural events. Local community theaters will provide an outlet for the entertainer
- A variety of shopping and dining, from casual to elegant can be found countywide.
- Libraries throughout the county, offer a wide range of services, along with interesting programs for all ages.
- Many senior services are available for our retirees.
- Excellent health care is provided by specialists in all the medical fields. There are three hospitals located throughout the county, with state of the art equipment.
- Our military retirees enjoy the amenities offered at Patrick Air Force Base and the medical services offered at the centrally located VA clinic.
- Orlando International Airport, Disneyworld, SeaWorld and Universal Studios are a short drive from anywhere in the county.
- The country’s second largest cruise terminal is located in Port Canaveral.
- Kennedy Space Center offers visitors a glimpse at our space history, along with tours of the space center and an I-Max theater.
- Spectacular launches can be seen from anywhere in the county. Just look up!
- There are churches of all denominations, synagogues, mosques, and quiet reading rooms, all waiting to welcome newcomers.
- Brevard enjoys a low level of unemployment, with job opportunities at a variety of educational and skill levels available.
- Our weather is great all year round.
We have just begun to touch at some of the reasons people of all ages come to Brevard and never leave. We know because we came in 1968, got “sand in our shoes” and are still loving our beautiful life.